Monday, July 9, 2007

Dam on the river Amstel

Firstly, thanks to all who have been in touch with me. It's good to hear from you. I am in Amsterdam currently but let me do a quick recap of what's happened since my last post.

My second day in Copenhagen I went to a few more musuems but I quickly grew tired of looking at old plates. The weather was better so I took a walking tour of the city which was nice but tiring. The cities keep getting bigger as I get deeper into mainland Europe and this has contributed to my plan for the second half of the trip (more on that later). I saw the transformers movie (excellent) and retired early to rest up for more interailing.

The next day I stayed in Hamburg as a stopover between Copenhagen and Amsterdam. My intention was to rest and maybe do some laundry with no sightseeing. Upon my arrival I discovered that a Mardi Gra'esque festival was going on in the city and throngs of drunken germans had taken to the streets wearing neon clothes and giant wigs following party trucks blaring cheesy music. I'm still not sure whether it was a gay pride parade or a Hamburg pride parade (if there's a difference) and none of the germans I found who spoke english knew either. Regardless I got some rest and jumped back on the trains the next morning.

I arrived in Amsterdam yesterday prepared to hit the streets and see what all the fuss was about. At my hostel, a brand new but not finished affair missing half the things it boasts on the website i.e. laundry, internet, light fixtures... I met a brazilian kind named Artun (Artoon) who was also traveling alone. Together we managed to figure out how the tram system worked and decided to pool our collective ignorance and aloneness and walk around together. Unfortunately his English limited the depths of our conversations and he was uninterested in any of the usual higlights of amsterdam at night. So we had a few beers and discussed all we could given his vocabulary and then it began to rain. So I went back to the Hostel without a glimpse of a scantily clad window dancer or a whiff of "coffee". Luckily I am staying two nights :)

I just recently returned from the Amsterdam Arena, which is the home of Ajax, one of the most famous and prestigious clubs in the world. To my delight, when I arrived, the team was practicing on their field in front of the stadium and I was able to snap pictures of them doing a passing drill similar to ones I had done at Bard! They were of course much better at it and I was constantly amazed by their touch. The highlight was being 5 feet away from Edgar Davids (who I didn't know had moved to Ajax from Tottenham) as the players left the pitch (field). Davids is a world class player who is known for the protective goggles he wears and his dreadlocks. He has played for Juventus and was once considered one of the best midfielders in the world! It was cute to see young dutch kids shouting the names of their heroes as they walked from the field to the stadium hoping and often getting autographs. If it had been Arsenal I would have been right there with them :) Next I toured the stadium which was dissapointing because the pitch was covered with this elaborate artsy thing for some dance show they had the past weekend and the whole place was filthy. An interesting point was the 3 meter wall of bulletproof glass that seperated the home fans from the away fans. Stories of the soccer riots of old made the yankees red sox rivalry seems like something for pre-schoolers :)

So my plan for the rest of the trip is as follows: get to London and see Arsenal's stadium and some other English stuff. At this point I am getting tired of cities so I want to head to Switzerland via Paris and do some hiking in the Alps. I'll start in Bern and then head to smaller towns which will be a nice change I hope. If I have time I'd like to head to the Croatian coast and do some more outdoor/nature type activities but this may not be feasible depending on how long I stay in Switzerland. The point is all these cities are driving me nuts and I want green pastures and frollicking through fields of flowers and what not. I guess that means I've got the rest of the trip pretty much planned out although I still have to secure lodging and such.

I guess that's it for now. It's hard to believe the trip is almost half over and hard to believe I've got so much more to do :)

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

very envious of your trip right now. i wish i could be there to experience amsterdam with you (especially what's legalized). its seems as if you are having a terrific time so soak it in, because when you arrive back to the states, that'll just be a distant memory, a sweet one at that. do the deed for me.
P.S. "I'm gonna choke you out"

Lemmiwinks

Anonymous said...

Dude your trip sounds ridicules. It’s good you’re writing all this stuff down so you can read it later, or you yourself wouldn’t believe all the things you did. Keep having fun, and keep writing. Your posts put rainy days and watching TV in NYC to shame.
-Ethan

Anonymous said...

this all sounds very exciting, im really starting to wonder why im not off my butt and out there doing the same thing! keep posting, i wont be done living vicariously for awhile! ill pray to the guitar gods to continue to shower you with power chords and tapping...

Nico Rico

Anonymous said...

Hi,

I keep coming to this website[url=http://www.weightrapidloss.com/lose-10-pounds-in-2-weeks-quick-weight-loss-tips].[/url]Lots of good information here supernaut-timemarcheson.blogspot.com. Let me tell you one thing guys, some time we really forget to pay attention towards our health. Let me show you one truth. Recent Research indicates that almost 50% of all U.S. grownups are either chubby or weighty[url=http://www.weightrapidloss.com/lose-10-pounds-in-2-weeks-quick-weight-loss-tips].[/url] So if you're one of these individuals, you're not alone. In fact, most of us need to lose a few pounds once in a while to get sexy and perfect six pack abs. Now the question is how you are planning to have quick weight loss? Quick weight loss can be achived with little effort. If you improve some of your daily diet habbits then, its like piece of cake to quickly lose weight.

About me: I am author of [url=http://www.weightrapidloss.com/lose-10-pounds-in-2-weeks-quick-weight-loss-tips]Quick weight loss tips[/url]. I am also health expert who can help you lose weight quickly. If you do not want to go under hard training program than you may also try [url=http://www.weightrapidloss.com/acai-berry-for-quick-weight-loss]Acai Berry[/url] or [url=http://www.weightrapidloss.com/colon-cleanse-for-weight-loss]Colon Cleansing[/url] for effective weight loss.

Anonymous said...

Hey,

Do you guys watch movies in theater or on internet? I use to rent DVD movies from [b]Blockbuster.com[/b]. Recently I discovered that we can watch all new movies on internet on day, they are released. So why should I spend money on renting movies??? So, can you guys please tell me where I can [url=http://www.watchhotmoviesfree.com]watch latest movie I Love You Phillip Morris 2010[/url] for free?? I have searched [url=http://www.watchhotmoviesfree.com]Youtube.com[/url], [url=http://www.watchhotmoviesfree.com]Dailymotion.com[/url], [url=http://www.watchhotmoviesfree.com]Megavideo.com[/url] but, Could not find a good working link. If you know any working link please share it with me.


Thanks

bdsm gay bdsm stories said...

Once the topless serving girl had seen to the needs of her master, she was permitted to pour herself a drink . Plus I want the only copy ofthe tape after that.
forced femdom stories
gangbang rape stories
sexy neighbor stories
hot pantie sex stories
prostate massage bdsm stories
Once the topless serving girl had seen to the needs of her master, she was permitted to pour herself a drink . Plus I want the only copy ofthe tape after that.